the series      the author      news      discussion forum      links      home      

Bound to the Blade : Forum
A discussion of the BOTB series
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
survey for Grad School reserach
Posted by: calvinandhobbes (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2012 02:41PM

hey, so i realize i haven't been here in forever and most people stopped coming here, but if anyone still gets on, could you take 10-15 minutes to fill out a survey for some research I'm doing for grad school? thanks:

[www.surveymonkey.com]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
So, the BotB administrator has been more than co-operative with me and others now, so i retract what i had on my sig, but leave the picture because i, well, think it looks pretty cool...

oh, and you can still check out hot topics and debates here: [z4.invisionfree.com]

thank you,

CalvinandHobbes

Re: survey for Grad School reserach
Posted by: vareth in silico (IP Logged)
Date: August 24, 2012 12:11AM

Gah, I hate multiple-choice surveys. I wanted to qualify every single answer I gave. >.< Well, except for the demographic ones, obviously.

If you're planning on doing these surveys regularly, might I suggest giving an option for comments in the survey itself? I mean, assuming these are going to be used for more than just a classroom exercise. If it's not going to be used in an article somewhere then I suppose it doesn't matter much. :P

Posted by: Sulare (IP Logged)
Date: August 24, 2012 01:05PM

I'm going to agree with Var on the place to comment or expand on answer business.

Also, personally, it was a bit annoying for me, because I took the survey and then had to keep answering questions about US politics and the 4th ammendment. I'm Canadian and have very limited knowledge of American politics and constitution.

So perhaps a warning or something would have been nice, for future surveys of such a nature.

Posted by: calvinandhobbes (IP Logged)
Date: August 24, 2012 01:43PM

thanks guys, will definitely take that into consideration.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
So, the BotB administrator has been more than co-operative with me and others now, so i retract what i had on my sig, but leave the picture because i, well, think it looks pretty cool...

oh, and you can still check out hot topics and debates here: [z4.invisionfree.com]

thank you,

CalvinandHobbes

Posted by: Shalista (IP Logged)
Date: August 28, 2012 02:49PM

also, i followed the link in the assembly first... then checked writers and writing and saw you had posted there to... so i was like "huh i wonder if he got hacked or somethin" so i checked here and saw *GASP* you had posted here to! then i noted that you misspelled "research" here and spelled it right on the other threads =P i feel somewhat better about doing the survey now that i know i'm not contributing to spam and teh leet hackzors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That which does not feel pain is dead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

the series | the author | news | discussion forum | links | home