the series      the author      news      discussion forum      links      home      

Bound to the Blade : Forum
A discussion of the BOTB series
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Site Design
Posted by: bladeadmin (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2012 12:07PM

Does everyone like the current design of the site? I wouldn't be apposed to sprucing it up a bit if you have any suggestions. I'm not much of an artist but if you have any graphics or color ideas I'd be open to hearing them.

Download Beyond the Summerland for free:
ePub format
Mobipocket (Kindle) format

Re: Site Design
Posted by: Roonwit (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2012 02:00PM

While I'm not opposed to a re-design, I'm not sure it's really needed. I've always been suprised that this place has continued to be a hangout for a small group of peeps who have become close friends over the years. Despite Facebook, Twitter, Skype and a bunch of other technologies that have come along in recent years this place still remains a place to get together with a select group of friends. With the threat that this forum would eventually die looming overhead for the past couple of years, some have created other forums to go to - most with more features and nicer looks. A few users created new accounts on the newer forums, but everyone always continued to return here. This place is kinda like an old grade school plaground - you can always go back and hang out with some good friends.

So, while a re-design would be nice I guess - I don't think it's the reason people keep coming back here.

<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->+<->
Wraiths of Yore
Favorite Movie Quotes:
"Are you with me?"... "To the death." ~Peter Pevensie and Oreius shortly before the Battle of Beruna.

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... and then you see it... White shores, and beyond... a far green country under a swift sunrise. ~Gandalf

WRAITHS OF YORE
Family Website

Date: April 25, 2012 02:03PM

That's kinda what I figured. Well that's good news for me since then I won't have to do any extra work!

ePub format

Posted by: Aljeron12 (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2012 11:37PM

I agree with Roonwit. It would be nice, but it's not at all needed. As long as the spam stays under control, we're happy. :)

Posted by: The Traveler (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2012 10:01AM

Personally, I love the design of this place. It's so much easier to navigate than most forums.

Date: April 26, 2012 10:17AM

Yeah a simpler interface is much more user friendly.

ePub format

Posted by: Sulare (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2012 02:26PM

I'm quite fine with how it is. The PM system is actually better than I've seen on many forums, and while the "code" tag doesn't work and the "quote" fuction can be a bit inconvenient we're all used to that and haven't had any problems thus far. I wouldn't go through any unecessary trouble.

Posted by: vareth in silico (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2012 06:02PM

Ditto what everyone else has said. Especially with the pagination fixed, this place is exactly what we want it to be. :) Thank you so much for saving our forum!

Posted by: Ciao (IP Logged)
Date: October 10, 2012 10:19AM

I know it's late, but I agree with everyone else.

I think that Mr. Graham should write another book though. I'm running short on good literature. :)

Date: October 10, 2012 10:34AM

Hi Ciao,

You may want to check out the first book in our new series we just released: The Dark Faith

ePub format

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

the series | the author | news | discussion forum | links | home