the series      the author      news      discussion forum      links      home      

Bound to the Blade : Forum
A discussion of the BOTB series
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Just sent a letter....
Posted by: The Traveler (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2012 10:17PM

I just sent an email to the company that runs (or at least claims to run) this place. I'm going to post it here too--maybe someone will eventually see it.

Dear P & R publishers,
I realize that L.B. Graham may not be your most highly-valuable author. I realize that he has not recently released any new books. I realize that this may have slipped your radar.
However, I would like to bring to your attention the woeful disorder that has fallen upon the online discussion forum that you set up for this series. Though, granted, not as boomingly popular as it was four or five years ago, there are still a good number of us that would greatly appreciate being able to still use the site and keep in contact and continue the many discussions we have had there over the years.
That being said, it is becoming more and more difficult to do this, as spammers and spam bots have gradually taken over the forum, displacing valid threads and making life miserable for all of us.
At one point, the moderation on this site was so strict that if someone even posted a four-letter word their accounts would be deleted. That was not a bad thing. Now, there is no moderation whatsoever and the place is nearly impossible to navigate. This IS a bad thing, and reflects rather shabbily on your company's policies.
Is it too much to ask for someone to log in once a month or so and clear out the spammers? You would earn our everlasting gratitude.
Thank you,
Traveler and the rest of the BotB-ers.

I am a Wraith of Yore...fear me and my power of forgotten-thread blackmail
Sigs are so ten years ago.

Re: Just sent a letter....
Posted by: Sulare (IP Logged)
Date: April 18, 2012 07:35AM

Yay, Trav! Being proactive. :D

Posted by: Faerie Watcher (IP Logged)
Date: April 18, 2012 11:02AM

Nice!

"The Christian shoemaker does his duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes, because God is interested in good craftsmanship."- Attributed to Martin Luther

My writing blog: [aspiringpen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: vareth in silico (IP Logged)
Date: April 18, 2012 12:28PM

...Well, here's hoping they do what you say instead of just deleting the place, like they did for a bit when the spam got out of control last time.

I would start backing up any threads you want to keep, folks.

Posted by: The Traveler (IP Logged)
Date: April 18, 2012 10:39PM

Yeah, I'd say so too. Here's the reply I got:

Hi,

Yes, the forum has been overrun by bots for sometime now. Unfortunately, our only option is to take down the site since we do not have the resources to keep it going. It was actually supposed to be removed over a year ago, but our provider has been ignoring us.
~Charles Craig

I am a Wraith of Yore...fear me and my power of forgotten-thread blackmail
Sigs are so ten years ago.

Posted by: bladeadmin (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2012 09:23AM

I changed my mind :)

The so called "Admin" features of this site didn't let me remove stuff in an efficient manner so that's why I thought I was just going to take it down. However, I got access to the DB so with a few short commands I was able to clean things up.

Download Beyond the Summerland for free:
ePub format
Mobipocket (Kindle) format

Edited 4 times. Last edit at 04/25/12 09:35AM by bladeadmin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

the series | the author | news | discussion forum | links | home