the series      the author      news      discussion forum      links      home      

Bound to the Blade : Forum
A discussion of the BOTB series
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Cover Art
Posted by: The Traveler (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2012 04:59PM

In response to Var's challange...

What do ya'll think about the cover art? If you've read the books, how faithful a representation of the story do you think they are? If not, how epic/epic-fail do you think them? And does anyone else remember the HUGE debate over plot material when we saw the cover for the last book? About the cats and everything?

I am a Wraith of Yore...fear me and my power of forgotten-thread blackmail
Sigs are so ten years ago.

Re: Cover Art
Posted by: Shalista (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2012 11:52PM

i actually liked the cover art. especially for summerland and bringer of storms.... but then, it was a while ago that i last saw them =P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That which does not feel pain is dead.

Posted by: Faerie Watcher (IP Logged)
Date: March 29, 2012 09:51AM

I like the cover art. Though I think that the covers for Summerland and the last one didn't accurately portray a part of the story like the others did.

And yeah, I remember the huge debate over the cover for Holy Mountain. Then they changed the cover to give the guy (whoever he is) a vest instead of having him go shirtless. That was a little odd.

"The Christian shoemaker does his duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes, because God is interested in good craftsmanship."- Attributed to Martin Luther

My writing blog: [aspiringpen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: The Right Holy Hermit of the Hunt (IP Logged)
Date: April 2, 2012 01:09PM

The last cover was kind of meh, but not too bad. Overall, I think the cover art was pretty good.

Posted by: vareth in silico (IP Logged)
Date: April 3, 2012 12:23PM

I never really understood what the big deal was with having the guy in a vest vs having him totally shirtless. To me it just highlighted the fact that some people cannot distinguish between sexual nudity and artistic nudity.

Personally I was more creeped out by his smile. Uncanny valley, there.

(And yes, I'm bumping this thread, the spammers can kiss my behind.)

Date: April 5, 2012 09:16AM

I agree that the smile was by far the worst. The shirtless I didn't really care about. But the 'shirt' they put on him after was just hilarious.

Posted by: Falchion (IP Logged)
Date: April 5, 2012 09:15PM

I did like the covers. Never thought about them all that much, which probably means there weren't any glaring errors in them. XD

And yeah, the last one...I didn't care that much about the lack of shirt, but the vest just made it funny.

Posted by: Shalista (IP Logged)
Date: April 5, 2012 10:26PM

just went and checked, yeeeeahhh that smile IS kinda creepy.... why so seriouse?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That which does not feel pain is dead.

Date: April 9, 2012 11:43AM

*random bump because spam is evil*

Posted by: vareth in silico (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2012 11:04AM

DRIVEBY BUMPING.

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

the series | the author | news | discussion forum | links | home