the series      the author      news      discussion forum      links      home      

Bound to the Blade : Forum
A discussion of the BOTB series
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  1234Next
Current Page:1 of 4
I feel sad
Posted by: nebula (IP Logged)
Date: July 6, 2008 12:32AM

Well, after such a happy and beautiful ending one would expect me to feel happy and elated. Yet I feel sad.

Why?

I can't help but think of us here in this life. Where are we in the prophetic stream of time?

We Christians long for the day that our Lord Jesus will come and make all things new. How long until that day?

I feel like I've been following the longing for the end of the last battle all through the series, and it was so wondrous to read the renewal of the earth at the end! But yet I come back to reality and look out my own window and realize that we ourselves have such a long way to go before we see such renewal for real, for ourselves.

How long will this be? How long must we wait? When will we see all things made new?

Maranatha

Re: I feel sad
Posted by: adamjthompson (IP Logged)
Date: July 6, 2008 12:43AM

I feel amazingly joyful after reading the book! The beauty and glory of all things being made new is such an exciting hope and promise that we have!

But I can see why you feel sad...our hope is yet unseen...

Posted by: Mindarin (IP Logged)
Date: July 6, 2008 05:59AM

I felt the same way. Partly because the series had ended, but you're right. When I had to go back to reality, and it was so bleak, it was kind of depressing.

But the book is very encouraging as well. I think it's supposed to help us look forward to when all things become new, and Jesus returns, and that's something I can't wait for!

Posted by: nebula (IP Logged)
Date: July 6, 2008 10:11AM

True -

Thanks!

Posted by: aelwyn18 (IP Logged)
Date: July 9, 2008 10:25PM

Sometimes I feel sad about finishing a series I've been anticipating. I'm like "well now it's over."

As Neville, you may be shy and clumsy, but you are loyal, gentle and generous, admired for your easy going nature.

[www.seabirdmusic.com] check this music

'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo

"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

Posted by: Mindarin (IP Logged)
Date: July 12, 2008 06:08AM

That's true. When I finished I thought, 'Alright, now what to do with the rest of my life...' lol. I've been waiting for this book since I was eight.

Posted by: Azhure-heart (IP Logged)
Date: July 12, 2008 05:22PM

I felt sad when the book ended. But it made me long more for the day when we to will go to the Holy Mountain. I can't wait for the day when all the faithful dead will rise again. The book was an amazing picture into the furture.

Posted by: KnittingShieldMaiden (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2008 08:18PM

That's it! You just put into words what I've been feeling. I've been so blue since I finished and I couldn't figure it out. But that's it. I'm just so full of longing for the day that our own world is cleansed. Thanks. Now I have a reason to explain my weird and depressing mood swings.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hi you have reached the Lunatix! None of us are available to take your call right now because we are to busy hounding writer's for more of their stories. Please leave a message after the beep. *BEEP*
Lunatix 4 life!
I'm a charter member of the Random Togetherness Club.
I'm a member of the "Twilight is Overrated" Club.
I am a
My Nano identity: KnittingShieldMaiden look me up!
My Nano blog: www.mynovstory.blogspot.com
Wraith of Yore!
www.castlesintheairbyharmony.blogspot.com

Posted by: Ciao (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2008 07:54PM

Yeah, I got into that feeling too. doesn't it just make you want to jump around screaming with joy that that's going to happen for us too?

*sigh*

that was a great book. :) The first and fifth ones are officially tied in first place on my favorite books in the series list. :)

___
Signatures are annoying, I refuse to have one.

Posted by: tifa <3 (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2008 11:08PM

it also makes one feel sad when one thinks about all that must happen before the end...

Goto Page:  1234Next
Current Page:1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

the series | the author | news | discussion forum | links | home