the series      the author      news      discussion forum      links      home      

Bound to the Blade : Forum
A discussion of the BOTB series
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  1234567Next
Current Page:1 of 7
The Binding of the Blade: The Movie Cons
Posted by: Intimesofwar100 (IP Logged)
Date: September 10, 2007 06:43PM

I read some of your ideas of a BOTB movie.... and had a curious question...

I believe I asked the question before, but since I haven't been here for a while, I missed the answer. :)) This shows one of the many diffculties in making such a movie

1. The budget (surely such a movie of this size, requires a HIGH budget for the CGI and productions costs and not to mention the salaries of the actors...)

2. Popularity - most movie adaptions r seen by fans of the book. Example: The series of Unfortunate Events was a success due to great acting and the popularity of the books.
Critically-acclaimed movie adaption such as LOTR, not only pleased fans but attracted more fans.. However, BOTB is not as well-known... One can spent $20 million in publicity and advertisements, but the sucess is rather low there... due to the similarity of it to LOTR. Yes, I know BOTB has its unique elements, but in the end, most non-readers of BOTB will still assume its a rip-off of LOTR.

I will say more, but I first want to know you guys' opinions...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Name: Eastar Talien
Race: Elf
Height: 5'2''
Weight: 120
Appearence: Stern-looking, have long blond hairs of an elf, slim in appearences
Personality: Direct, stern, but graceful at times.
Weapon: Long bow with a stack of grena arrows (a sort of explosive arrows, it first pierces into the armor and then it denotes)
two long knives, that has mysterious runes on it.
Background: Unknown
Job: Unknown

Re: The Binding of the Blade: The Movie Cons
Posted by: Elessar Elfstone (IP Logged)
Date: September 10, 2007 08:40PM

those are good points, but they factor in to almost every other movie made. almost. risking that kind of budget is something--and i'm just guessing here--most movie directors chance, and they never know what'll happen. and it wouldn't be a complete rip-off to non-readers, I don't think. just partially : )

Posted by: calvinandhobbes (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2007 12:18PM

yeah, all good points that i didn't mention...also, a few other things

1) honestly, it can't compete with lord of the rings, or harry potter (the movies)..l.or chronicles of narnia

2) nobody's ever heard of it...

3) do we really want it done, if it's not gunna be done well? cough cough...eragon anyone?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
So, the BotB administrator has been more than co-operative with me and others now, so i retract what i had on my sig, but leave the picture because i, well, think it looks pretty cool...

oh, and you can still check out hot topics and debates here: [z4.invisionfree.com]

thank you,

CalvinandHobbes

Posted by: Faerie Watcher (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2007 01:28PM

Eragon failed because it had a newbie director and a screenplay writer with little experience writing good stuff. If a better director and a better screenplay writer had been given the job, the movie would have turned out better.

"The Christian shoemaker does his duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes, because God is interested in good craftsmanship."- Attributed to Martin Luther

My writing blog: [aspiringpen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Ezra710 (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2007 02:31PM

Can not be done unless you got a genious behind the wheel with his hand in a billionaires pocket. Than it would rock.

It's been confirmed the aliens have landed!

Alien Youth-Skillet

Posted by: Firering (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2007 03:10PM

I thought Christopher Paolini wrote some of the screenplay for eragon, but yeah...it stunk.

Posted by: Intimesofwar100 (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2007 06:15PM

Yea, this more likely to succeed if we could persuade either Disney and some other studio to team up (like in Narnia) get some REALLY good advertisement and publicity going.. lol, however, the studio will need REALLY good reasons to accept the project...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Name: Eastar Talien
Race: Elf
Height: 5'2''
Weight: 120
Appearence: Stern-looking, have long blond hairs of an elf, slim in appearences
Personality: Direct, stern, but graceful at times.
Weapon: Long bow with a stack of grena arrows (a sort of explosive arrows, it first pierces into the armor and then it denotes)
two long knives, that has mysterious runes on it.
Background: Unknown
Job: Unknown

Posted by: Faerie Watcher (IP Logged)
Date: September 12, 2007 05:52PM

Noooooooo.... not Disney! They'd butcher it! Actually, I wouldn't trust any film studio since they'd butcher it as well.

I don't think Paolini wrote the screenplay for Eragon. He was supposed to have had a cameo but never made it, I think.

"The Christian shoemaker does his duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes, because God is interested in good craftsmanship."- Attributed to Martin Luther

My writing blog: [aspiringpen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Elessar Elfstone (IP Logged)
Date: September 12, 2007 07:02PM

ugh, thoughts of Eragon is sickening. They completely and thoroughly butchered that one. Huh, and if the newbies had gotten some real actors, that couldn't have hurt either. *note* Brom was good. everyone knows he was the voice of Scar in LionKing, right?

Posted by: Mindarin (IP Logged)
Date: September 12, 2007 07:04PM

Well we need to get busy spreading the BotB fever. I have infected four friends with it already.=D

Goto Page:  1234567Next
Current Page:1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

the series | the author | news | discussion forum | links | home